You may think, or some people may tell you that you’re too young to use products on your skin, but that is NOT true. You’re never too young to start taking care of your skin. Caring for your skin from a young age is important if you want to have healthy skin when you’re older.
However, you must be careful of the products you’re using on your skin and for this you need to know your skin type. You may ask why this is necessary. It is imperative because depending on this type, the products you buy will vary. For instance, someone with an oily skin type will probably need a mattifying lotion to reduce the shine on their face while someone with a dry skin type could go for a hydrating moisturiser.
Let’s walk through a skin care regimen that’s quick and easy to follow and will leave you with healthy, glowing skin!
This post is not sponsored and does not contain any affiliate links. The links and images exist to share with you the products I use & love.
Let’s break this down into a morning and a night routine.
- I wash my face with the Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Wash. This is the only product I’ve been using since I was a baby. It’s a mild face wash that keeps my skin clear of any acne and blemishes and trust me, it works wonders.
Use a toner to close your pores and wipe out any impurities that settle on your skin. I’ve tried quite a few toners and I do have a favourite. One is the Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2. It’s a good toner and I don’t have any complaints, but it’s definitely on the pricey side. Another toner I’ve used is the Kaya Daily Pore Minimising Toner. Again, no complaints. A good, mild toner. And it’s inexpensive too! I’ve used the Fabindia Tea Tree Toner but my favourite one has to be the *drumroll* Khadi Herbal Rose Water Toner. This smells GREAT, is super mild, inexpensive and my skin simply loves it. BUY IT!
Lately, I’ve been using a serum and I’ve been liking the effect it has on my skin. It’s the Kaya Anti-Ox Vit-C Formula.
Lastly, sunscreen. The one I use is the Kaya Clinic Daily Use Sunscreen. It’s not too expensive, it smells great and, the primary reason I love this one, it is very light and does not leave my skin looking oily!
- Wash your face. I use the same Himalaya Neem Face Wash at night too.
- Follow the same routine for the toner. If you use a toner, switch to reusable cotton pads so that you’re not harming the environment when you have the option of not (click here to know more ways you can do your bit for our environment very easily!)
- I’ve been using a serum at night too and it’s The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil. Whenever I use this, I wake up with moisturised and soft skin eight hours later.
- Lastly, finish off with a moisturising night cream. I use the Fabindia Vitamin E Night Cream and it’s a product I really love. Vitamin E rejuvenates and moisturises the skin and lightens dark spots.
- I’ve been using The Body Shop Glow Reveal Liquid Peel and oh boy, I love it. I use this to remove the layer of dead skin on my face and it leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean IMMEDIATELY after use. (Side note: It’s very satisfying to watch the dead skin fall off)
- I exfoliate my face and body 1-2 times a week to remove the dead skin cells and unclog pores. For my face I use the Fabindia Charcoal Face Scrub and The Ritual of Karma Body Scrub for my body. Both these products leave my skin feeling clean and soft and I love them!
- Sometimes, maybe once or twice a month, I use a face pack (mostly for recreational purposes). The one I love the most is the Lush Mask of Magnaminty because it’s just so refreshing. It cools my skin while it’s on and leaves it feeling fresh after it’s off.
That’s about it! This is how I keep my skin looking healthy. These are the things I do and the products I use and my skin is very happy with them! If you try these out, let me know!
What’s your skin care routine? I’m obsessed with skincare products and would love to know what products you use so leave a comment below!